Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Introducing.....................


Well......we can at least pretend. :) Actually, these cutie pies belong to Shawn and Lisa. We were very lucky to have the opportunity to meet them at the airport when they arrived home from Ethiopia. It was such a neat experience to meet Bethi and Amanuel! They are both such special children! Congrats Shawn and Lisa! It was so nice share a few moments with you and your new family! How fun to meet someone in this crazy adoption world and watch this whole process come full circle! I cant wait until we have some play dates in the future!

~

So, seeing these two sweeties has me back in the mood to think BABY! Like this adoption really might happen! It gets hard waiting. I know its ONLY been 4 months...but to not have an idea if its going to be 4, 5, or 6 months until you get a call is hard! I think we need to start the nursery. I have been putting it off thinking I will jinx our adoption in some way if I am TOO prepared. Kinda crazy thinking..

John and I have been doing some window shopping for nursery furniture. This is the set I think we are getting ready to order! NOW..if we could only agree on which room to make the nursery!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda and John,

We love reading your updates as Nicole sends them to us. Keep the faith. God has a perfect child to be part of your family. I look forward to buying something special for your blessing to come!

love and prayers,
Sandy, Nicole's mom

LISA said...

Wow, those kiddos look familiar!!
Thanks for meeting us at the airport.

Sam's mom said...

Lovely furniture. But gosh, you haven't started yet? Okay I must be way-overboard because I've picked out the furniture, painted the room, and am currently re-finishing the dresser (which my grandfather made over 50 years ago) for Sam's room. We haven't even sent our dossier out yet. Boy, you're already a "waiting" family so chop-chop and make that nursery happen! I want to see pictures of it before the baby arrives!

Frances Williams said...

I haven't read many blogs this whole summer so I am trying to catch up those I remember loving to read! We feel the same way, only waiting 3 months and 1 week, its hard to stay focused not knowing when the call could come!

Amanda said...

How fortunate that you were able to meet Lisa, Shawn & Co. at the airport. Beautiful!

I have yet to meet any of the fellow adoptive parents in person, but I've made some friendships that I have a feeling will last a while.

What a wonderful experience, huh?
Good luck and have fun with shopping! :)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers