Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holey smokes!!!!

More referrals are coming. I am amazed. This is what I received in my email today! We have to be getting closer....a few other adoption buddies told me today they think we will get the call in 2 weeks! I am thinking, maybe we will get the call in mid to late December. We need to finish the nursery....all we have is the furniture. We cant figure out the colors or what bedding. The House of Hope (where the babies stay in Ethiopia after leaving the orphanage and wait for their forever families to pick them up) has to be getting full. I hope there is some room left, so the referrals can keep coming!!


Here is a photo of the House of Hope. This is where we will go to pick up our baby girl.




Dear Families,


More referrals have come!! Last week it was boys and this week it's raining girl referrals. The Ethiopia team is thrilled to have received 5 new referrals on yesterday. Four girls and 1 boy. The girls are ages 2 months (2) and 3 ½ months (2). The little boy was placed on our waiting children's website today, so please keep your eyes on that site and pray that those children find their forever homes soon.


The children are from 3 different orphanages and the families waited just a little over 7 months. Congratulations to all of the families!!!!!


Sharon M. Turner


6 comments:

Missy said...

Exciting, isn't it !?! At 6 and a half months waiting, you are getting very, very close!!

Unknown said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you and John! Your little blessing is on her way home to you!

Erin Sager said...

You must be very close, how exciting, hope you have a referral by Christmas, what a gift that would be............

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

WOW! Are you number 6 by the 'unofficial list', just guessing, or are did Toni let you know? Because when I try to figure out by the 'unofficial' list, I in my mind kinda add a few. I am so excited for you!!! And I cannot wait til this number counting can end! It has made me crazy!!!!!!

LISA said...

HEY AMANDA!!!!We are all so excited for you and John! Bethi agrees with her daddy on your date!!! Can't wait!!!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Ok, are you #6 for just baby girls <12 mos or overall everyones requests? I am trying to figure out what number we might be!!! You have gotten me totally excited about this cuz we are quite possibly at least in the top 10!?!? I am now obsessing over this. Told you I have gone crazy over this.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers