Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Arghhhhh!

3 weeks and 5 days....waiting for the form we need from the INS so we can complete our dossier and get it to Ethiopia so we can start waiting for a referral! Very frustrating! Luckily... my office is very close to my home, so I can stalk the mail man! The INS told us it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple months! I know other adopting families who have used the same office we went to, and it took 2-3 weeks....so we are anxiously waiting, and hoping it will arrive very soon.

No other new exciting news to post....but I was tagged by an adoption blog buddy Lisa..so now I have to list 75 random things about myself (and John!) Here we go.....

1. We love to travel- planning 3 trips, Chicago in May and Los Angeles in June, Wisconsin in Aug!
2. John and I haven't had meat or dairy in almost nine days, we are on a detox diet and have lived on nothing but fruit and vegetables, brown rice and tofu!
3. I have blonde hair
4. John loves Sumo wrestling
5. I have worked in the dental field for almost 15 years
6. John works for Farmland Foods - PORK!
7. We have his and her Boston terriers who demand to sleep in our bed (Johns started it)
8. John is in Houston on business right now and I know he didn't stay on the detox diet!
9. We are very excited to become parents for the first time
10. I already have everything picked out for the nursery and ready to decorate
11. I am a computer nerd and love programming websites
12. John is very good and trivia and can beat just about anyone
13. I am happy that we moved back to Kansas City from Virginia almost 3 years ago
14. John is obsessed with pinball arcade and video games and our basement shows that!
15. We are taking our "little brother" Lucas to his first Judo tournament in a couple weeks
16. A couple weeks ago I had a little accident and backed into another car with my Lexus Suv and it damaged her car but she didn't care and didn't want to report it- Strange?!
17. Our favorite restaurant in Kansas City is Le Fou Frog
18. I would also like to adopt from China or Mongolia
19. Our plans is to have a biological child after the adoption
20. I have always wanted to adopt since I was a child
21. John lived in Japan for one year
22. John has beer on tap in the bar at our house- his dream come true
23. Our house is quite a bit of home to take care of and I sometimes think we should downsize
24. It will be better once we have children, so its not so empty!
25. I think 75 items to list is way to much and I need to get back to work, so I am going to cheat and say thats all for now!

Thanks a lot Lisa! :)

3 comments:

LISA said...

Ok, you wimped out a little, but so did I!!!
I was just thinking how fun it would be if you got your I171H this week...and we get our referral on the same day!! It could happen.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for checking out our blog. We're close to finishing our dossier. Our home study is being updated. Hopefully, we'll get our change of country into USCIS next week. When we initially applied for Vietnam, our local office only took 2 weeks to process our I-600a, so hopefully the change of country process will be as quick! I hope yours comes quickly too. I'll think good thoughts for you!

Tricia

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

We are waiting about 3 weeks now for our 171 H! But they told us it would take 8-10weeks for us :/ I will be anxiously waiting to hear that you received yours!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers