Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1 Month down......

We just haven't posted in a while...nothing really exciting going on now that our dossier is in Ethiopia! I actually miss running home at lunch to see what great surprise will be in the mailbox or trying to figure out how with our schedules can we achieve getting documents completed during our busy work week! I guess now.. the GREAT thing is..its almost been ONE WHOLE month that we have been officially waiting. We have been just trying to keep busy. Taking fun trips each month, entertaining at our home and playing some golf! Last month we went to Chicago, and had a great time with Johns parents. Tomorrow we are leaving for California! We are flying to LA, just to hang out, try some new restaurants, go to Magic Mountain and for Johns excitement of the trip...we are going to a Sumo tournament. (I'll be sure to take some photos to post!)

I'm sure you have heard Google earth......someone told me to look up their house today on Google Earth. After looking up my house and others...I decided to hop on over to Addis Ababa and see what it looked like. I was really amazed! I am going to post the pictures that I took!


This is the Sheraton Hotel....





Larger View of the city!







This view where you see the Blue letter A- is where the House of Hope is located!

(I'm goin there!)




5 comments:

Erin Sager said...

Love the pictures, congrats on one month down!!!!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Neat pics! And I sooooo look forward to the sumo wrestling pics. AAARRGGGHH!GAG!

LISA said...

Yayyy! One month down!Have fun in LA!!I'm waiting for the sumo pics!!

Amanda said...

Oh-have fun in LA! And, I love those google earth images. I tried to look up some google earth stuff before (in Addis), but I couldn't figure out how to get a certain address.

I'm glad you figured it out! :)
I love looking at it. Makes it seem not so darn far away, right?!

Sometimes Ethiopia seems like a magical land that belongs in another dimension or something...
I don't think it will feel real until we're landing there.

Frances Williams said...

Yeah, it is nice to get it done with!

I love the Google pics, I'm going to have to check it out!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers