Monday, January 12, 2009

Amara (ah-mah-rah) Zabel



Meaning of the name AMARA : In the legends of Abyssinia (now Ethiopia) Amara is the name for paradise. Also, "amara" is a Kiswahili word meaning "urgent business."

Amara can also be a name of African origin, with two given suggestions. Firstly, it can be a female Igbo name meaning 'graceful'. It could also be a shortened form or nickname for the name Amarachi, which means 'God's grace' in Igbo. There are examples of it being occasionally used as a male name in such cultures.


~Amara Zabel~


Nothing new to post in our adoption world. We are still waiting to hear something from our agency! Its been a little too quiet, Its been three weeks and not any referrals for the families waiting.

My mom and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Blue Nile Ethiopian restaurant on Sunday. We met up with many other KC families who are in the process or have already adopted! It was so much fun to see all the beautiful Ethiopian children. I didnt bring my camera and I am so mad at myself! Hopefully I can get a few of the photos from someone else who snapped a few shots.

All for now! Hoping for some exciting news sometime soon!

4 comments:

Justine said...

That is a beautiful name! It has been a long three weeks, huh? Maybe this will be the week though! I hope to hear THE news from you soon ( :

Missy said...

What a gorgeous name!!! Hope you get to see her face soon!!

LISA said...

You had better hear of your referral soon!!!

Erin Sager said...

Hoping you here great news soon...Come on referrals....

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers