Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Referrals today! ALL BOYS!!

Good news today for some very lucky families! This is an email I just recieved -

Dear Families,

The Ethiopia team is happy to announce that we received 3 referrals
today. 3 beautiful baby boys. Two boys are 2 months old and 1 is 6 months old.
Congratulations to the happy families.

Sharon M. Turner



Soooo.....wow. Where the heck are the girls! I am excited to see some referrals come in, but BOY, THIS WAITING STINKS!!!!!!!

Last week, I had an interesting conversation with our agency about the possibly to change our request to a boy. It would move us up to #1 in line and it turns out, it would be very simple since it would be as easy as just requesting it! No additional paperwork or home study addendums. I have seriously thought about just changing our preference to either and see what happens. After discussing this with John, we just decided to wait a bit and see what happens in the next few weeks! After all, I think the very girly nursey furniture wouldnt sit well with a little boy!

Stay tuned........

8 comments:

Erin Sager said...

Wow, finally some referrals, you have to be so close, BRING ON THE GIRLS!!!!!

Justine said...

I know - where are the girls?? Go with your heart and do what feels right. Either way, your referral is coming very soon. Like hopefully, tomorrow!!!

Ash said...

go with your Heart, in a few short months you will look back on this day/post and think, wow time flew by. Head out to dinner and to the movies... It will be hard to have date night coming up here real soon.:o) "Bring on the girls", and enjoy your few [short] more weeks until then. Good Luck and I am staying tuned! Thanks for Sharing!
ash
p.s.Plus your nursery color is gorgeous!

Sandi said...

I think you are doing the right thing by just hanging tight and being patient. If I had requested either gender I would have been referred a little girl, and while little girls are amazing, I am so glad that I finally have my boy.

Hoping your referral is being processed and you will hear very soon.

Julie said...

Hang in there Amanda, I'm sure it shouldn't be long now.

Julie

p.s. I love the name you picked out. Beautiful!

atHisrighthand said...

Oh I know how you feel.. we were about ready to change.. In serious consideration and prayer about it as we had to have an addendum written anyhow.. but we just waited a bit longer, and when we least expected it we go the call, and recieved the referral of our dreams.. Praying that you get the call soon!
blessings,
Elise

jenzoe said...

I'll put in a plug for boys! They are the weirdest, kookiest, craziest, funniest little people who have no idea how to play it cool... which is what makes them so funny and fun. I LOVE having a boy.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You'll be getting the call before you know it. The waiting is hard, but the reward for patience is worth it.

Tricia

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers