Friday, February 6, 2009

The day has come!!!!!!!! We have a referral!!!!

We just accepted our referral today for a beautiful, precious, tiny 3 month old baby girl.

We actually received our call on Monday 1/27 at 1pm. I looked down at my office phone and saw on the called ID that is was Children's Hope. My heart was pounding so hard! On the other end of the line was Toni,our case manager. She told me she had John on the line and had some news for us! Toni proceeded to tell us about this sweet little baby.

Let me tell you, the last two weeks have been a whirlwind. Something really amazing happened.... There is an unbelievable story behind all this and I want to share it, but I have to wait until the adoption is complete write about it. There are a few people that John and I owe so much to, these people are such saints!

I also want to commend our agency. Childrens Hope International is a wonderful agency, and staff at the St.Louis office and from what I am hearing the group is Ethiopia is absolutely wonderful.

For our blog readers that are not in this adoption world, unfortunately we are not allowed to post photos of the baby until we have passed court. These are very strict rules that we have to follow! But...I will tell you, she is really pretty. She has huge brown eyes and the cutest lips. She has a lot of hair for such a little squirt!

We cant wait to meet her! So our next step is that we wait for a court date to be issued. This is a bit of a downer, because the process used to be fairly quick. Ethiopian adoptions have just taken off..the amount of adopting familes is increasing each month. There just isn't enough judges (only 2 or 3?) to process all these families, so the wait times have gotten longer.

I know we will hopefully travel in the spring. That means that she will be closer to 6-7 months old. She will have changed so much by the time we have her in our arms!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats guys!! i am so very happy for you!

Justine said...

I've been checking your blog regularly to hear this news!! So very happy for you. Three months - she must be a doll. I can't tell you how fun it is to read other people's referral stories. It really happens, doesn't it!

Renee said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!

Our girls are about the same age!!! Maybe we will meet each other traveling :-)

Missy said...

Congrats!! Glad it all turned out ok!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about court dates, and updates, and travel!!!!!

Erin Sager said...

So happy for you guys...Can't wait until you can share her picture...Yah for girls!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations! I love the name-- Amara!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great news! Let us know if we can do anything for you. We can't wait to meet her. She is such a lucky girl.

Annie said...

Congratulations!!! So glad that your time has finally come :) can't wait til you pass court and we see her precious photo.

Enjoy this "walk on air" time!

Ash said...

Congratulations, Keep us posted. Can not wait for pictures and travel news. Sooooo Happy For You.
Blessings,
ash

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know you guys must be over the moon. The waiting is all worth it in the end. We received our referral for a 3-month old baby boy that day. Maybe we'll get to travel together!!

Tricia

LISA said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! tired of me saying that yet???!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you Amanda! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her name!

Yea for you guys!!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers