Tuesday, June 9, 2009

4 Weeks



Four weeks have now passed since the courts have suspended hearing cases on abandoned babies. The is a rumor though, and even my agency has heard some of this information. Apparently the investigation is completed. AT this point we are all waiting for the formal announcement from the Ethiopian Government that hopefully cases will be heard. I really hope so. Our baby is soon to be 8 months at the end of this month. I hope to see her before she gets much older. There is a family traveling this week to pick up their twin boys, they are going to take some updated photos of our baby for us. I cant wait to see her!!

John and I continue to take our mini weekend vacations. It has been a wonderful distratcion. I am so glad we have the opporutniy to do this, while we wait for news. Last weekend John and I drove up to Minneapolis, it was a quick 6 hour drive from Kansas City! John has a little business to do on Friday and we made it a nice weekend. We stayed in downtown Minneapolis at the Graves 601 hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel, the accommodations are amazing! We also enjoyed a very nice dinner at Johns Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary Kay's home in Minneapolis. It was nice to see his family. Johns parents even drove in for the visit. We are planning our next get away. Maybe something on the West coast! John will be going to China in a couple weeks for business, but when he returns I will have something else planned. Ideally, it would be Ethiopia, but we have no idea how this will play out.








Sunday night my niece had a birthday party slumber party. She is turning 9! So hard to believe! I went over to my sisters to help and we gave all the girls pedicures, it was a good time. Katy is the little blond on the top of the pyramid, she is like a little mini teenager. Scary!







All for now, I am hoping the next time I post I will have some news on whats happening in Ethiopia.





6 comments:

Missy said...

I sure hope you hear something THIS week!!! It's been way too long!!!

Irene Lykke Fisker said...

Dear Zabel family
Could you please email me
ivl[at]kmd.dk ?? I have a little prayer, if your child is at E.A.
Thank You
Irene (Denmark)

Amanda said...

I hope you hear something good and soon! I want your little girl to come home ASAP.

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I did hear that rumor too, and inside I am all excited about it for you! Yet, I cannot wait to hear the official announcement and get on with the court cases!!!!

Annie said...

I can't imagine how difficult this wait is. Maya and I pray every night for all of these cases. Hope you hear SOON!

LISA said...

Hopefully your next trip will be to get Amara!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers