Friday, May 29, 2009

3 Weeks....



Ok, I didn't think I would be ever putting these numbers back on this blog! But, it has been 3 weeks since the Ethiopian Courts has suspended hearing cases on abandoned babies from Addis Ababa. I thought waiting for a referral was painful....its nothing compared to now even wondering when and if this gets resolved and that each day that goes by we are now missing out on baby tiny's development and all the fun things!


It probably doesnt sound like it.... but, I am feeling optimistic. I think the investigation is progressing and I hope soon, one day..and I am emphasizing soon - I hope to post that the suspension has been lifted and we can get on with this!


Amara has a full closet of beautiful clothes and shoes! Most are size 6-9 months. I know she is small for a 7 month old, (more like the size of a 5 month old) so I am hoping we can get her home this summer. Its not only because I don't want her to outgrow her clothes before we even get to meet her. Its because a lot of these little outfits were picked out with love from many of our family and friends. Each outfit honestly has a special meaning to us! My husband even had me write on the tags on some of the outfits just so he can remember that who it was from when she was wearing it!

I am still following this blog, http://ethioadoptionnews.blogspot.com it has some interesting news/rumors. I am starving for any information that I can get regarding this situation.

All we can do right now, is enjoy the weekend and the nice weather.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying for an end to this very soon! I can't imagine the pain. The extra 10 days it took us to pass court was painful enough, I really feel for you guys. (((HUGS)))

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I amire your attitude to try and enhjoy the weekend, but really, thats about all you can do. Since you cannot change any of the situation, you and your husaband may as well enjoy your time together before you have that little one home. And I know it will get resolved, its just a matter of when. Will check back here often and will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

We have also been impacted by the delay and Toni was our case manager. I am hoping that you might be able to share her contact info. with me or forward my email to her. We were devastated to hear of her departure (at any time, but especially now). We want to write to her to let her know how much her support has meant to us. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hang in there,

Sarah
sarah.wayland@hologic.com

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers