Friday, June 26, 2009

I never thought I would hate Fridays....

But I sure do now! Fridays were always the best day of the week, winding up with work or school and looking forward to having the next two days off.

Now, Fridays have a completely different meaning in my world at the moment. Fridays mean its the end of any possibilty of new news on our adoption. It means we have now have two days of waiting until Monday.

The work week is coming to and end, and we are still waiting to hear what is going on with our case and when we can get another court date to bring our Baby Tiny home. The good news is, she is still tiny. (in a healthy way!) Here is a recap of what has been going on-
  • Baby Tiny turned 8 months old this week
  • Baby Tiny is looking healthy and super cute in the video I received last week
  • Baby Tiny weights 15.4 pounds, a huge difference from the 5.9 pound she was at 3 months old
  • The word is the investigation is over in Ethiopia and the orphanages have been cleared
  • The rumor is July 2nd we are to get some news, maybe like an annoucement that our cases will be heard and we can proceed
  • Also rumored the Ethiopian courts might not close this year, which would be awesome news for us familes that have been involved in this delay

Hopefully next week will bring on some good news and hopefully and idea of what our timeline is with our adoption. Mondays have never looked so good.

Ps- I cant put those numbers up here anymore counting the weeks we have been waiting since our first court date. Its too painful!

9 comments:

Leigh said...

I hate them too! I'm hoping we get some good news for a great holiday weekend!!

Anonymous said...

You are in good company - I also hate them. And I am addicted to THE BLOG.

Jocelyn said...

I understand hating Fridays too...I hope you hear some good news this next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

It sucks, just sucks. :(

Ash said...

We too are singing the Friday Blues' and the Monday Jitterbug. We are adopting from China,~but waiting for our children from were God has planted them is no easy feat. Bless you and may next week bring Fireworks of great News and joyous celebrations. Thinking of you.
ash

Missy said...

Yes, in the adoption world, Fridays suck and weekends drag on way tooooo long!!! Hope the good news comes soon!!!!

Irene Lykke Fisker said...

Weekends feel just as bad here on the other side of the globe....
Hopefully we will have good news this week :)
//Irene

LISA said...

I'm feelin' those weekends for ya!
I hope you hear something positively positive,SOON!

Erin Sager said...

So painful, Hoping for good news for you all this week, come on already!!!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers