Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not getting my hopes up.....

July 1st. Its now been almost TWO months since our court date that was never heard. I am not getting my hopes up that we are going to even hear anything this week. I want to hear so bad that we have a new court date or that we have a surprise and just find out the court has legally made Amara ours.

There are SO many rumors, I don't know what is true or not anymore. Many agencies are telling waiting families that they will hear something later this week regarding the cases. Many agencies are saying the investigation is not over. I cant even remember what our agency has confirmed or not confirmed at this point. I am so tired of week after week I get excited thinking this will be the week that we hear something.

I am beyond sad, I am now mad and frustrated. I am so mad that we are missing out on the first year of this sweet little babies life. Either way, whatever age she is when we finally can bring her home, we are dedicated to her. It will be quite a story to share with her some day.

My gut feeling is that we will not bring her home this summer. There are only a few weeks until courts close in Ethiopia..until October. I have a feeling she will be 1 when we finally get to meet her. I hope I am wrong, but this is what I am feeling right now.

I know our agency is doing the best they can with finding out what is going on in Ethiopia. Our director of the Ethiopia program just returned from Addis. She took the most beautiful photos of our baby. I received them yesterday and cant stop looking at her sweet little face! I know new video will be coming soon. I'm sure its a huge task to get all the photos downloaded and sent to all the families that are waiting to travel to pick up their children.

I am looking foward to my husband returning home tommorow from his business trip in Asia. We are throwing a party in a couple weeks at our home, just to pass the time of this waiting. It should be a great time!

5 comments:

Breann said...

I am praying for you guys every day. Breann

Anonymous said...

I have this bad feeling that we're just going to be disappointed again tomorrow. :(

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry you are going through this...you have such a great outlook though..this will be a wonderfully amazing story to tell your daughter. I will say a prayer that you find something out very soon and that she will be in your arms. Hugs from here in Tulsa.

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I cannot even begin to imagine I know how you feel. My uncertainty with our case will be short lived (I think), but you and the rest of the families are just like left with nothing. And it is an injustice to the poor babies. I know all we hear is that they move a different pace there. They are on their own time clock. And we have to slow down our expectations as well as we think things can be done in a day if they just wanted to. And I dont get it. If the powere is out all the time, why cant the judge still sign a piece of paper or 2? Go outside or something. They are a 3rd world country, so how come they are so dependent on power? But its wrong for them to move this slow with progress on getting these kids home that will ultimately come home anyway. Why make them wait if they are cleared? They need to take each case individually and just get it done already. And by the way, I dont think we didnt hear anything today because the power was out, Im thinking more its cuz the jerk still hasnt gotten his paperwork done.

Alida said...

Amanda, I've been praying for you and the other families caught up in this .... never in a million years would I have thought it would take this long .... it really doesn't make any sense ... I wish I had some words of wisdom or encouragement but I don't ..... I am so so sorry that this is happening to you guys ...

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers