Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still no news..maybe Monday?

My feeling was right.....Friday was rumored to be a day when we would find out how or when our adoption hearing will proceed. Apparently, one of the CHI reps in Ethiopia went to court on Friday. The judge asked her to wait around until noon. At noon, the judge asked her to come back on Monday.

So, that's tomorrow. The CHI rep also stated that other agencies were told to come back on Tuesday. I am hopeful. I am thinking that agency by agency that the courts are going to maybe start giving out some new court dates. I am just guessing at this, but I think we might hear some news next week. Lets hope! We are so ready to go pick up baby tiny!



If I don't hear news this week, that means we will have to re-apply with the CIS, to obtain our babies visa. It will expire this fall!! That means, if we had to travel this fall we would have to make sure that is current..or there is no bringing baby home! To re-apply, that means a new homestudy. The good thing is, I have all the documents needed to redo the homestudy - I have spent the last 3 weeks getting those together!

I have our wonderful social worker Nikki on standby....she can whip that together and I can get an appointment with the CIS/INS office to get it going again. Last year it took almost 6 weeks to get that approval back, so I am going to make sure that we will allow enough time to get it back so if we cant go until this fall, we will be ready. NO document will hold us up on getting to Ethiopia.
Lets just hope we wont need it!

4 comments:

Renee said...

oh i am freaked about our cis! i really hope we hear some good news tomorrow... your feeling has to be right! :)

Missy said...

I hope you get court dates THIS week!!! They need to process all of your cases before scheduling new ones!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so nervous! I really need a new court date NOW, i. TODAY, I am more than prepared to pick up our baby.

Leigh said...

Same with us, our documents expire in October. We're going to have to start getting everything together if we don't hear something this week. I think/hope we will!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers