Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just stuff....

I am such a bad blogger. Its actually hard to even talk much about what is going on. I don't have any new exciting news in our adoption case. This afternoon I had our 2nd
conference call with our adoption agency. They have set up weekly conference calls with the 10 families within the agency that this court suspension has effected. They didn't have really anything new today, but they are letting us know they are here to support us, answer questions and let us vent.

Yesterday, I did receive this bit of news,


Dear All:

We contacted the Ethiopian Federal First Instance Court today. Court President Ato Dessalegn told us that the investigation into cases of abandoned children is still pending. But, the Court has begun accepting cases of abandoned children referred from Addis Ababa government orphanages. These include the following orphanages:

· Kebebe Tsehay Orphanage
· Ketchene Orphanage
· Kolfe Youth Center


I hope this information is helpful.
Regards,

Paul Cantrell
Consular Section Chief



In my opinion this could be a great sign that things are starting to move, maybe as this investigation proceeds more suspensions will be lifted.

Our baby tiny has turned 7 months old now. She was 3 months old when she was referred to us, and she is getting bigger every day. She is such a little doll. She is looking healthy and plump, such a HUGE change from the tiny malnourished baby I saw in the photos back in January.

We should be in Ethiopia right now picking up our baby. Last weekend we would have started this journey. There was no way I could stay at home, so John and I planned a last minute get away. We decided to take a road trip to Denver. We had a great time. We love staying at Hotel Monaco in Downtown Denver, and eating Panzano restaurant in the hotel, with lots of wine! :)







So while we are waiting for all this adoption stuff to get resolved, I have decided to keep planning some fun get aways so we don't sit around the house and stare at each other and so I don't have to avoid the second floor of our home right now, since that is where the baby's room is located.

We are going to head to Minneapolis the week after next. John has a meeting to go to, so we are turning it into another little get away. I just booked a swanky hotel room at Graves 601 in downtown Minneapolis.

I know I get a lot of hits on this blog now, I know a lot of families are in the same situation as we are. Many are overseas and many in the US all trying to adopt from Ethiopia. If you pray please pray, if you do positive thoughts please do those...whatever it is that you do, please do it.

We need all the help and postitive energy we can get to bring these babies and children home.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Sending positive thoughts your way...I keep praying for good news every time I see you post!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I also think it is a good sign that the courts are starting to see some of the cases from those listed orphanages. I just know it will get worked out, but i know that does not make it easy at all for you guys to sit there and just know your little girl is still waiting for you and growing up. Although, it is comforting also to know that it sounds like she is thriving and healthy. I will continue to pray for the situation.

Ash said...

Praying for your family to be together sooon!
I live near Denver, oh my! if I would have known you were headed over here... I would have wanted to meet up, and give you a big hug of encouragement! :o) I have been faithfully following your journey since before referral. And may it be sooner, rather than later; that the court ban be lifted...& you are able to travel to Ethiopia... & your baby is placed in your arms, forever.
Blessings and Thank You for sharing,
ash

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers