Saturday, May 16, 2009

Update

Thursday evening we recieved an update from our agency.


Dear Families,

This is to inform you that the Joint Council on International and Children’s Services are working as well to confirm the extent of the illegal activities and investigations going on in Ethiopia regarding the abandonment children’s issue in Addis Ababa. They will be having a meeting on Monday, May 18th. Any updates on the situation that we may be able to find out from Joint Council on next week, we will be sure to pass along to you.

The State Department has also posted the information below on their website.

We are still trusting that this will have a positive end. We’re waiting to hear the judge’s decision after the investigation is complete. Certainly the MOWA can be expected to have their input as well. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am adopting from Ethiopia but am using another agency. Thank you for keeping me posted via your blog. I seem to get more information from you than I do my agency!!! My court date is in two weeks....I am hopeful that our cases will be heard soon.

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I am getting more info from your blog than from my agency, too! Keep the updates coming, they are truly appreciated! Our court date was supposed to be this coming week. We are glad they are doing an investigation, but heartbroken at how it's personally affecting us.

Justine said...

Amanda - I have been thinking of you so much. I am crushed for you and the other families that this is affecting. I do believe that this will be resolved soon and we will all be overjoyed to finally see photos of your little girl. I can't imagine how difficult these days have been but know we are here hoping and praying for you.

Irene (Denmark) said...

Thank you for the updates on your blog. I follow it even here from Denmark :) Personally me and my husbond also have a little girl in Addis Abeba and are also affected by these sad circumstances. We get some information here, but it seems that you generally get it well before us.
So right now I'm hoping for a little miracle following this meeting you mentioned...however not daring to have my hopes up high.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Irene (Denmark)

viviajm said...

Just get the child safely to Liberty so I can get a hug.

I am constantly thinking about you.

John Vivian

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers