Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Update......

I am checking this other blog everyday. It really has some good information. One thing that was posted today was-

"the hold on abandonment cases started back on May 4th. This means that we are now 2weeks into the investigation. In case it's of interest, I've been told the last big MOWA investigation and halting of court cases (which resulted in extra paperwork and court steps for relinquishment cases) lasted about 6 weeks"

To anyone family in this situation, I recommend following and sending anything you hear to this blog.

http://ethioadoptionnews.blogspot.com/


My adoption agency has scheduled a conference call with all the families involved in this situation. I know our agency doesn't have any new information, but they are holding this call so we can ask questions.

I will post later today, the call is at 1pm central time!

5 comments:

Sam's mom said...

Amanda -- I just heard from our agency director that the BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED and they are now rescheduling all the cases that had been post-poned. I cannot wait to receive an email from you entitled "we have a new court date!!"

Anonymous said...

Hi from Germany! This sounds too good to be true and I do not know whether I may really believe it. Today we have a public holiday in Germany, but if the ban has definitely been lifted, we should be informed tomorrow.

Ash said...

Yes, I too can not wait for the POST:
"We have a New court date" Good Luck, hope things progress quickly & positively for you.
ash

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

6 weeks!?! I pray it wont be that long for all of you! I sincerely pray and will not stop.

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

If we pass court I would love to take pics of your baby for you! I think that was you that commented on our blog but not 100% sure because the pic is different and there was no link to this blog. But just stay tuned and if we pass, send the permission letter! Will keep praying something changes with the abandonement situation soon, very soon.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers